June 23, 2022
We are hiring a Services and Stakeholder Engagement Lead
Mentor Canada broadens and deepens access to quality mentoring for youth in Canada by amplifying a mentoring mindset from coast to coast to coast. With a mission to enable mentoring relationships that encourage young people to reach their full potential through research, network building, and knowledge exchange.
Mentor Canada provides cutting-edge resources and capacity-building services to communities and organizations that embrace mentoring as a strategy to empower individuals and help them thrive. We convene, lead and participate in gathering, connecting and mobilizing people, knowledge and resources to amplify youth mentoring in Canada.
In order to achieve our ambitious mission, Mentor Canada is seeking a qualified and dynamic individual with experience collaborating and effectively engaging across diverse sets of stakeholders to serve as its Stakeholder and Community Engagement Lead.
Reporting to the Interim Executive Director, the Stakeholder and Community Engagement Lead will execute on deliverables associated with corporate partners, youth (ages 18-30) focused programs, organizations, academic institutions and youth employment agencies in planning and implementing Power of Mentoring campaign, and implementing Mentor Connector, virtual mentoring platform engagement strategies in collaboration with the Training Specialist. The position will play a lead role in the convening and engaging local, regional and national stakeholders, government, private sector and service providers to advance the mentoring movement by amplifying and recognizing corporate and community support for the youth mentoring in Canada.
The incumbent will strengthen relationships, collaborations and partnerships amongst mentoring service providers, local/regional governments, the private and corporate sector and invested stakeholders. Through local and national partnerships, the Lead will focus on building connections, building networks and communities of practice by leveraging opportunities and take into account the unique context of each community or region by engaging more youth and adults in formal and informal quality mentoring relationship opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the effective engagement of, stakeholders and service providers in support of Mentor Canada’s cross-sectoral engagement goals
- Lead the development of meaningful connections, networks and resources for these stakeholders, including the unique opportunity to leverage the leadership and partnership engagement of Mentor Canada
- Advancing the goals and operational work of Mentor Canada through private sector and corporate engagement in mentoring.
- Engaging with stakeholders to develop meaningful connections, networks and resources for diverse stakeholders to meet the mentoring needs of communities
- Lead, manage and implement the Power of Mentoring campaign strategy that meets the business objectives of Mentor Canada
- Develop and implement a corporate and community engagement plan for Power of Mentoring events to increase the number of youth and mentors involved.
- Lead and implement a virtual mentoring platform engagement strategy that increases the number of mentoring programs and initiatives on-boarding and using the platform.
- In collaboration with the Training Specialist deliver virtual mentoring platform orientation and demonstration sessions to advance the integration of technology in the delivery of mentoring programs and initiatives, and removing barriers for young people to connect to mentors.
- Fostering collaboration and partnership amongst mentoring service providers, local/regional government, the private sector and invested stakeholders
- Building momentum through local and regional partnerships and dialogue centered on the unique context of each community or region, ultimately supporting the advancement of Mentor Canada by engaging more youth and adults in formal and informal quality mentoring relationship opportunities.
- Develop project plans for deliverables associated with corporate and cross sectoral partnerships
- Plan, develop and implement Power of Mentor Campaign events to meet Mentor Canada objectives and maximize engagement.
- Maintain clear documentation of progress, obstacles, and lessons learned
- Facilitate internal evaluations of projects upon completion
Cross-Sector Engagement and Relationship Management
- Analyze existing stakeholders, develop and implement a plan that identifies gaps and opportunities to strengthen and expand Mentor Canada and regional partnerships and networks to promote and support youth mentoring.
- Work with the Quality Mentoring and Capacity Building Specialist, the Indigenous Engagement Lead and the Interim Executive Director to develop an approach for engaging and collaborating with organizations, agencies and communities.
- Identify , develop and implement cross sectoral stakeholder engagement strategies with service providers, diverse stakeholders and partners. Strategize new ways of engaging with service providers, stakeholders and partners to advance engagement in the mentoring movement.
- Coordinate requests from diverse stakeholders to expand engagement in Mentor Connector and Mentor City (virtual mentoring platform); leveraging existing resources and materials in collaboration with the Training Specialist and developing new materials where necessary.
- Promote Mentor Canada and seek out opportunities to grow awareness of, and support for Mentor Canada tools, resources and services to advance quality mentoring opportunities for youth.
- Facilitate cross-sectoral collaboration with Mentor Canada and amongst diverse stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of Communities of Practice, networks and connections increasing quality mentoring opportunities and capacity building.
- Identify networks of stakeholders and partners that can both benefit from and contribute to the collective effort to increase quality mentoring programs in Canada
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor degree and/or equivalent experience in corporate engagement, , project management, community development, stakeholder engagement;
- 3-5 years’ experience managing multiple and diverse stakeholder groups and events (virtual and in-person)
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to relate well to a variety of persons and stakeholder groups and cultivate relationships;
- Demonstrated experience working with and engaging the corporate and not-for profit sector;
- Expertise in developing and implementing youth engagement strategies an asset;
- Experience working within a national framework with affiliates or similar model is an asset;
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to plan and organize events, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal presentation;
- Demonstrated experience working directly with diverse stakeholders across multiple disciplines: direct experience working with social services and community organizations is an asset;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Job Description & Application Process
Employment status: Full time contract position
Duration: Until March 31, 2023
Salary range: $55,000-$70,000 annual salary
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada offers:
- Virtual work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Travel opportunities (once travel restrictions are lifted)
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada, the employer as part of the Mentor Canada coalition, is committed to principles of anti-oppression and employment equity, and strives to create an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We strongly encourage people who self-identify as Indigenous, racialized, Francophone, immigrant, refugee, differently abled, LGBT2SQ+ or as members of other equity seeking groups to apply. If accommodation is required during the hiring process, please inform the hiring committee once selected for an interview.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Lovejeet Chohan, National Manager, Talent & Culture. The posting will be live until the position is filled or a candidate has been identified.